Monday, September 13, 2010

For Guys & Hot Chicks Only


This car was a national winner 2005 in pro stock 10.1 E.T. and finalist 8 straight years. The engine is a 508, 711 h.p. with a 1150 race gas carb and a 5500 stall converter and race trans. built for 9,000 rpm. I should come off the line about 30" off the ground. HANG ON BABY. It is also built for nitrous which will drop me from 9.6 and 145 mph to 8.2 or so and 165 mph. Fast is faster but as you guys might know, nitrous is hard on an engine so I probably won't go that route.

I am painting it next month, and installing new sponsorship. If you have any ideas on color for me I'd welcome the input. Right now I was going with a dark metallic blue. By the way, the car came without engine or transmission so, I had to have those specially built for me. It has been expensive but fun and soon funner.

As we tuned it up and made the typical modifications, we went through 5 gallons of gas in no time. I think it will use 2 gallons per 1/4 mile run. Racing gas goes fro about $8 per gallon so wow.

I reckon this will cause a few of you to remember yesterday when you had a hot rod and cruised the streets late Friday night. (be sure to read my previous post- first in months).

For More... http://www.bigjohnlipscomb.com

No comments: